Jerry Garcia Gear Up for Auction
If you’re interested in owning some of the equipment once used by Jerry Garcia, then your time is now. Longtime Grateful Dead soundman Dan Healy is currently auctioning two items via eBay. First up is a Musitronics Mutron III Envelope Follower Effects Pedal. As Healy describes it, “This Mu-Tron III pedal belonged to Jerry Garcia. It was one of two he had that he used both on stage and in the studio. The white China marker grease pencil marks are his settings he made in the studio using the marker he snitched from the tape recorder where it was used to mark splice marks on the tape. This is an authentic item and the real deal. We have all heard the hours of improvisation he created with the sound of this baby! Guitar players; this is a chance to get a piece of equipment that belonged to the master. This unit comes with a letter of authenticity on GD stationary, signed by Maestro Healy.”
Garcia’s Boss Tone Over-Drive Distortion Device also is available. Here Healy comments, “This is an original Boss Tone from circa 1967 and one of the original over-drive guitar devices famous for many early rock performances. I got this one from Jerry way back when we rehearsed at The Heliport in Sausalito. I certify, on an authentic GD letterhead, this is original, real and from Jer’s stuff.”
Both auctions will end on March 19.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll