Forecastle Confirms The Black Keys, The Flaming Lips, Jim James, Alabama Shakes and Three Nights of String Cheese
The Black Keys, The Flaming Lips, The String Cheese Incident and The Avett Brothers are among the acts slated to appear at the 11th annual Forecastle Music Festival.. The festival will take place in Louisville, KY from July 12-14. The String Cheese Incident will play three shows during the weekend: a proper festival set, a separately-ticketed late night show off set and a guest-heavy set billed as The Forecastle Incident. Their late night show will take place at the Palace Theater on Saturday, July 13.
Other confirmed acts include: The Alabama Shakes, Jim James, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Animal Collective, Old Crow Medicine Show, Young the Giant, Big Boi, Matt & Kim, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Purity Rings, Dawes, The Joy Formidable and Datsik.
In addition, the event will boast: Griz, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Toro Y Moi, Bob Mould Band, El-P & Killer Mike, Baauer, Bombino, Moon Taxi, Freakwater, Foxygen, Greensky Bluegrass, Wile Belle, Nigh Beds, MNDR, Churchhill, Hemsworth, Tift Merritt, Tokimonsta, Shovels & Rope, Salva, Alasdair Roberts & Friends, Rubblebucket, Monda, The 23 String Band, Wheeler Brothers, A Lion Named Roar and The Pass. Additional acts will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
Here’s a look at the fest’s lineup
The Black Keys
The String Cheese Incident
The Avett Brothers
The Flaming Lips
Old Crow Medicine Show
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
The Forecastle Incident (with special guests)
Young the Giant
Matt & Kim
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
The Joy Formidable
Kurt Vile & The Violators
Toro y Moi
Bob Mould Band
El-P & Killer Mike
Shovels & Rope
Alasdair Roberts & Friends
The 23 String Band
A Lion Named Roar
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Sexmob: Cinema, Circus & Spaghetti (Sexmob Plays Fellini: The Music of Nino Rota)
- Summer Stars: Shovels & Rope
- Visions of Bonnaroo Friday (Paul McCartney, Passion Pit, Conspirator…)
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll