The Hangout Confirms Tom Petty, Kings of Leon, Trey Anastasio Band, The Black Crowes, Gov’t Mule, The Shins, Bassnectar and More
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Kings of Leon will headline the fourth annual Hangout Music Festival. A third headliner will be announced in the coming weeks.
The beach and music festival will return to Gulf Shores, AL from May 17-19. Other confirmed acts include: Trey Anastasio Band, The Shins, BASSNECTAR, Kendrick Lamar, The Black Crowes, Slightly Stoopid, The Roots, Ellie Goulding, Steve Aoki, Passion Pit, Bloc Party, Gov’t Mule, Jim James Band, Porter Robinson, Public Enemy, moe., Galactic, Dirty Projectors, Grouplove, Toots and the Maytals and Lissie. Trey Anastasio Band co-headlined the festival its inaugural year.
The festival has signed a multi-year deal with MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo as exclusive partners. Hangout Music Fest entertainment will be showcased across their various television channels and digital properties. More information will be announced prior to the festival.
Festival attendance will be limited to 35,000 attendees per day. The festival’s music performances will take place across five stages, including two on beaches next to the Gulf of Mexico. Other amenities include: a shaded relaxation area, Hammock Beach; the Sky Bar tower, which offers 360-degree views of the festival; a plethora of amusement rides and games; varied dining options, including grouper, snapper, tuna, crab, shrimp and oysters in the fresh Alabama Gulf Seafood area; water stations with free refills for all guests; and much more.
The festival’s initial artist announcement also includes: The Breeders, Best Coast, Jason Isbell & 400 Unit, Twin Sister, Ryan Bingham, The Sheepdogs, Shovels and Rope, Moon Taxi, The Revivalists, Zion I, Lance Herbstrong, Anders Osborne, Twenty Ι One Ι Pilots, Delta Rae, Nikki Bluhm and the Gramblers, The Bright Light Social Hour, The Werks, The Ton Tons, Brassft Punk, Kingston Springs, The Mowgli’s, Chancellor Warhol, Luella and the Sun, The Weeks, Space Capone, Wild Cub and Colin Lake.
Here’s a look at The Hangout’s initial lineup
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Kings of Leon
Trey Anastasio Band
The Black Crowes
Jim James Band
Toots and the Maytals
Jason Isbell & 400 Unit
Shovels and Rope
Twenty Ι One Ι Pilots
Nikki Bluhm and the Gramblers
The Bright Light Social Hour
The Ton Tons
Luella and the Sun
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll