Trey Anastasio and National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
On May 22, 2013, Trey Anastasio will join the National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) at the Kennedy Center Concert Hall in Washington, DC. The one-time-only performance, titled NSO Pops: Trey Anastasio, will feature orchestrations of classic Phish songs and solo Anastasio compositions. The concert will be conducted by NSO Principal Pops Conductor Steven Reineke. Tickets to this performance go on sale to the public on Friday, February 15, at 10:00 AM ET. See below for additional ticket information. Tickets are on sale now to Kennedy Center Members here.
Tickets range from $36 to $85 and will go on sale to the public through the Kennedy Center box office and through Instant Charge at (202) 467-4600 on February 15 at 10:00 AM ET. Patrons living outside the Washington metropolitan area may dial toll-free at (800) 444-1324 or visit the Kennedy Center online.
Anastasio has worked with different symphonies since 2001 when he first collaborated with The Vermont Youth Orchestra in Troy, NY as well as Burlington, VT. He performed with the Nashville Chamber Orchestra at Bonnaroo in 2004 and performed Time Turns Elastic with Orchestra Nashville in 2008. He also worked extensively with conductor/arranger Don Hart on a range of studio projects and live performances.
Anastasio also performed with various orchestras around the country in 2009 and 2012.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Portugal. The Man "Atomic Man" (Official Video)
- Prince "Fixurlifeup" (Official Video)
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll