Vampire Weekend: 2013 Tour and Album Details (Plus a Message in the New York Times)
Earlier today Vampire Weekend made the following cryptic tweet, “NYT classifieds…” There in the New York Times one could find a message stating “Modern Vampires of The City May 7, 2013.” This has now been confirmed as the name of the group’s new album (all earlier red herrings to the contrary). The group will support the release with a a series of shows that includes an appearance at Red Rocks on May 20 and a trip to Europe earlier in the month. A pre-sale will begin this Wednesday at 10AM local venue time. The complete confirmed series of dates, along with the album’s tracklisting appears below.
Vampire Weekend 2013 Dates
3/13-3/16 – Austin, TX South by Southwest
4/12 – Las Vegas, NV The Cosmpopolitan
4/14 – Indio, CA Coachella Music Festival
4/16 – Davis, CA UC Davis (Freeborn Hall)
4/17 – Oakland, CA Fox Theater
4/21 – Indio, CA Coachella Music Festival
5/08 – London, UK The Troxy
5/10 – Paris, FR Casino de Paris
5/15 – Boston, MA Agganis Arena
5/16 – Toronto, ON Sony Centre for Performing Arts
5/17 – Detroit, MI The Fillmore
5/19 – Kansas City, MO Midland Theater
5/20 – Morrison, CO Red Rocks Amphitheater
5/21 – Salt Lake City, UT Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre
5/23 – Portland, OR Keller Auditorium
Modern Vampires of the City
01. Obvious Bicycle
04. Diane Young
05. Don’t Lie
06. Hannah Hunt
07. Everlasting Arms
08. Finger Back
09. Worship You
10. Ya Hey
12. Young Lion
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll