The Dude of Life Shares a New Trey Anastasio Song
Steve “The Dude of Life” Pollak has shared an original song he co-wrote with Trey Anastasio on SoundCloud. Dubbed “Edie’s Dream,” the song was inspired by one of Andy Warhol’s “cinematic superstars” Edie Sedgwick. Both Pollak and fellow Phish scribe Tom Marshall have shared their unreleased recordings on SoundCloud in recent months.
Pollak says the following about the song:
Trey & I wrote “Edie’s Dream” as a tribute to the beautiful and charismatic Edie Sedgwick, best known for being one of Andy Warhol’s cinematic superstars in the mid-sixties. Back in our high school days, Trey and I were intrigued by the Warhol Factory scene, which included musical artists such as Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground.
In September 2011, Trey and I met up at Rubber Jungle Studios. He and I collaborated on the lyrics and he played acoustic & electric guitars, bass and drums while I played a single note on the triangle.
After a few hours of recording, we sat down for a late lunch and split an olive loaf sandwich and drank some of the finest Kona coffee.
Pollak wrote the lyrics for classic Phish songs like “Suzy Greenberg,” “Fluffhead,” “Dinner and a Movie” and “Sanity,” among others. More recently he worked with Anastasio on “Show of Life,” “Architect,” “Dr. Gabel” and a few other Phish/Trey Anastasio Band originals.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll