Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Avett Brothers, Pretty Lights, Nas and More at Governor’s Ball
Kanye West, Kings of Leon, The Avett Brothers, Pretty Lights, Nas, The Lumineers, Animal Collective, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Thievery Corporation and more will play the third annual Governors Ball Music Festival. The event will take place at Randall Island State Park in New York City June 7-9, with the festival expanding to three days for the first time this year. The event will be West’s first solo headlining gig in New York City since 2008, as well as Kings of Leon’s first performance in the city since 2010. Weekend passes go on sale Friday, January 25 at noon EST for the limited Early Bird price of $190. Single day passes will be sold at some point in the future. Another headliner will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
In addition to the music, the 2013 Governor’s Ball will feature a variety of activities like the silent disco, ping pong, lawn games and life size Connect 4. Other artists set to perform at the festival include Grizzly Bear, The XX, Cut Copy, Beach House, Kendrick Lamar, Feist, Beirut, Japandroids, Young the Giant, Gary Clark Jr, Local Natives and Of Monsters and Men, among others. An additional headliner will also be revealed in the future. You can check out a review of the 2012 Governor’s Ball here and the full lineup can be viewed below.
2013 Governor’s Ball Music Festival initial lineup
Kings of Leon
The Avett Brothers
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Young the Giant
Of Monsters and Men
Gary Clark Jr
Portugal. the Man
Swear & Shake
Roadkill Ghost Choir
Ruby Velle & the Soulphonics
ON AN ON
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Covering Relix: The Doors (April 1991)
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll