Phil Lesh & Friends Cover Van Morrison, The Beatles and More at Terrapin Crossroads
Phil Lesh and Friends played a number of classic covers at the recently reopened Grate Room at Terrapin Crossroads last night. In addition to Lesh, the stellar lineup included Gov’t Mule/Allman Brothers Band guitarist Warren Haynes, Medeski, Martin and Wood keyboardist John Medeski, Furthur drummer Joe Russo and jazz guitarist John Scofield. The all-star band treated the crowd to renditions of The Beatles’ “She Said She Said” and Robert Johnson’s “Crossroads,” as well as a take on The Allman Brother Band’s “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed” sandwiched between “Eyes of the World.” The band ended the show with an encore of Van Morrisson’s “And It Stoned Me.” A video of Phil Lesh and Friends playing “Fire On The Mountain” last night can be viewed above. Jackie Greene was the opening act.
As previously reported on Jambands.com, the Terrapin Crossroad Grate Room reopened on Thursday night after being closed for renovations. Phil Lesh and Friends will play another two more shows there with the same fantastic lineup tonight and tomorrow. Tonight’s show will be webcast via the Terrapin Crossroads store starting at 7pm PST. You can purchase the stream here for $7. The full set list from last night’s show can be viewed below.
Phil Lesh and Friends, November 30, 2012 Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA setlist via Philzone
Jam > Alligator > Deal, Mississippi Half-Step, Built to Last > She Said She Said, Chinatown Shuffle, Midnight Hour
Shakedown St. > Caution > Crossroads > Just a Little Light, Eyes of the World > In Memory of Elizabeth Reed > Eyes of the World, Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain
And it Stoned Me
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll