Boyd Tinsley Brings His Faces in the Mirror Pop Up Event to NYC
Back in August we ran an interview with Boyd Tinsley, in which he discussed Faces in the Mirror, the new film he produced. The Dave Matthews Band violin player approached the movie in a novel way. He recorded the soundtrack before principal shooting started on Faces in the Mirror and the resulting songs helped inspire the film to follow. Maktub, Shawn Smith, The Silent Comedy, and Dave Matthews are some of the musicians who joined him the studio to create the music reflected in the film.
Starting this past summer, Tinsley has spent his down time traveling to different cities holding what he refers to as “pop up events.” Here fans view the film, and then can participate in a question and answer session with Tinsley as well as lead actor, Ryan Orr.
Tinsley is taking his next pop up to New York City on Saturday, October 27 at Tammany Hall. Doors are at 7:00PM and the screening will begin an hour later, with a Q&A and then live music to follow. Tinsley promises, “I am excited to hold an event in New York City. I love the city and I love the fans there! It will be a special night!” He will be performing with a surprise guest to be announced on Friday.
Additional information about the event (which is 21+), is available at the film’s website: www.snagfilms.com/faces and at film’s twitter @facesfilm. The first 150 people at the event will get in for free. Once the free tickets have been distributed, the cost per person will be $10.00.
You can listen to a playlist featuring songs by Boyd Tinsley and Dave Matthews Band below.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Grateful Dead’s Morning Brew and Drop Dead Dark Roast
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- John Medeski: A Different Time
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll