Warren Haynes Christmas Jam Initial Lineup Includes Sheryl Crow, The String Cheese Incident, Trombone Shorty, The Blind Boys of Alabama
Sheryl Crow, The String Cheese Incident, Warren Haynes Band, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave. and The Blind Boys of Alabama are among the initial acts confirmed to appear at Warren Haynes’ 24th annual Christmas Jam. The holiday celebration will return to The U.S. Cellular Center Asheville (formerly The Asheville Civic Center) on Saturday December 15, 2012. All net proceeds from the event and all Xmas Jam weekend event will benefit Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity.
Haynes will perform with his eponymous Warren Haynes Band and also offer a very special set along with the legendary Blind Boys of Alabama. The guitarist recently collaborated with the Blind Boys during this August’s Peach Music Festival.
Sheryl Crow—who toured with The Allman Brothers Band in the ’90s—will make her first Xmas Jam appearance. She will perform with her current band, which includes three Xmas Jam regulars: former Black Crowes guitarist Audley Freed, former Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Robert Kearns and k.d. Lang/Dixie Chicks drummer Fred Eltringham. Though this is the first time The String Cheese Incident have performed at Christmas Jam, the band’s mandolin player Michael Kang appeared at the event as a special guest in 2003.
The Christmas Jam will feature a number of special guests too, including Kevn Kinney, Mike Barnes and Anders Osborne. Additional Christmas Jam acts and other weekend events will be confirmed in the coming days.
Pre-Sale Tickets and a limited number of discounted four-packs will be available through Christmas Jam Ticketing starting Thursday October 11 at Noon and running through Friday October 12 at 5pm, or as supplies last. A limited number of VIP tickets will also be made available.
The public on-sale will be through Ticketmaster & The Civic Center Box Office at Noon ET on Friday October 19.
Here’s a look at Christmas Jam’s initial lineup
The Blind Boys of Alabama
The String Cheese Incident
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Warren Haynes band
With special guests
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Summer Stars: Shovels & Rope
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- The National’s Grateful Dead Tribute Album Dead Hot In Motion
- Daft Punk: Random Access Memories
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll