Warren Haynes Christmas Jam Initial Lineup Includes Sheryl Crow, The String Cheese Incident, Trombone Shorty, The Blind Boys of Alabama
Sheryl Crow, The String Cheese Incident, Warren Haynes Band, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave. and The Blind Boys of Alabama are among the initial acts confirmed to appear at Warren Haynes’ 24th annual Christmas Jam. The holiday celebration will return to The U.S. Cellular Center Asheville (formerly The Asheville Civic Center) on Saturday December 15, 2012. All net proceeds from the event and all Xmas Jam weekend event will benefit Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity.
Haynes will perform with his eponymous Warren Haynes Band and also offer a very special set along with the legendary Blind Boys of Alabama. The guitarist recently collaborated with the Blind Boys during this August’s Peach Music Festival.
Sheryl Crow—who toured with The Allman Brothers Band in the ’90s—will make her first Xmas Jam appearance. She will perform with her current band, which includes three Xmas Jam regulars: former Black Crowes guitarist Audley Freed, former Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Robert Kearns and k.d. Lang/Dixie Chicks drummer Fred Eltringham. Though this is the first time The String Cheese Incident have performed at Christmas Jam, the band’s mandolin player Michael Kang appeared at the event as a special guest in 2003.
The Christmas Jam will feature a number of special guests too, including Kevn Kinney, Mike Barnes and Anders Osborne. Additional Christmas Jam acts and other weekend events will be confirmed in the coming days.
Pre-Sale Tickets and a limited number of discounted four-packs will be available through Christmas Jam Ticketing starting Thursday October 11 at Noon and running through Friday October 12 at 5pm, or as supplies last. A limited number of VIP tickets will also be made available.
The public on-sale will be through Ticketmaster & The Civic Center Box Office at Noon ET on Friday October 19.
Here’s a look at Christmas Jam’s initial lineup
The Blind Boys of Alabama
The String Cheese Incident
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Warren Haynes band
With special guests
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll