Phish Confirm New Year’s Eve Run
Photo by John Patrick Gatta
Phish will close 2012 with shows at New York’s Madison Square Garden from December 28-31. This is the third year in a row that The Vermont Quartet have celebrated New Year’s Eve at Madison Square Garden, and the second consecutive year they have played four nights at the Garden. After this run of shows, Phish will have headlined ‘The World’s Most Famous Arena’ 27 times since 1994.
A limited number of tickets are available directly through Phish Tickets’ online ticketing system at http://tickets.phish.com. The ticket request period is currently underway and will end Monday, October 15 at Noon EST.
Tickets will go on sale to the public on Saturday, October 20 at Noon EST. Tickets can be purchased online at or charge by phone at 866.858.0008. If tickets are still available, they may be purchased at the venue box office beginning Monday, October 22.
In addition, CID Entertainment has secured a number attractive rates at some hotels around the city for this run. To see what’s being offered, click here.
The New Year’s run will likely kick off a big year for Phish as they prepare for their 30th anniversary on December 2, 2013. According to a recent interview with keyboardist Page McConnell, the band will also begin work on a new, highly-collaborative studio album. In a message posted on his hotline, bassist Mike Gordon also says his solo band took the fall off to reinvent “new music…new set design… new everything.”
All four members of Phish will play the New York City-area in the next month. Mike Gordon will appear at East Rutherford, NJ’s IZOD Center tomorrow at the Love for Levon benefit, Jon Fishman will perform as part of The Everyone Orchestra at New York’s Sullivan Hall from October 26-28 and McConnell will join The Meter Men at New York’s BB King Blues Club on October 31 and November 1. Trey Anastasio will also perform with his solo band at New York’s Beacon Theater on October 26 as well as Port Chester, NY’s Capitol Theatre on October 28. As reported earlier today, Anastasio’s Hands on a Hard Body will open on Broadway’s Brooks Atkinson Theatre on March 21 (previews begin February 23).
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll