Wild Belle Kicks off the ENCORE Sessions Encore
The ENCORE! Sessions returned to the intimate Le Baron Chinatown on Monday night. The series’ second installment kicked off during NYU Fashion Week with a performance by folk-alt band Wild Belle. The Bergman sibling duo’s combination of Natalie’s soulful voice with older brother Elliot’s Afrobeat-inspired hooks evoke an indomitable 70s glamor that results in a truly sexy sound from both the songs belted out in a heartbreaking blues tradition combined with an onstage presence of aloof elegance. Though the band is technically comprised of siblings Natalie Bergman and Elliot Bergman, the duo performed with a backing band that fleshed out their often Jamaican and surf rock-influenced songs. Natalie—who sultry voice evokes Best Coast at times—handled most of the lead vocals, though Elliot stepped up to the front of the stage to sing on “his one song of the night.”
Touted as both one of “the hottest events on the indie circuit and an immaculately curated concert series,” the ENCORE! Sessions are made possible by creative collaborators ABSOLUT and produced by FORWARD as a medium for artists to hone new material, experiment with songs for the first time, and showcase themselves like never before. Each session, shot at Le Baron in NYC’s Chinatown, is also recorded and produced into a 15 minute video with songs from the live performance and interviews with the band. Season One will include performances by Theophilus London, Friends, The Virgins, Paloma Faith, Is Tropical, Historics, and Little Dragon. Season One episodes are available to watch via Facebook and YouTube.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll