Jack White, The Flaming Lips, Guns N’ Roses and Steve Martin Will Appear at Bridge School Benefit
Jack White, Guns N’ Roses, The Flaming Lips, Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers, Gary Clark Jr. and Sarah McLachlan are among the acts slated to perform at the 26th annual Bridge School Benefit. Organized by Neil and Pegi Young, this year’s celebration will take place at Mountain View, CA’s Shoreline Amphitheater on October 20 and 21. All proceeds from the annual, all-acoustic event will benefit The Bridge School. The non-profit organization and school’s mission is to “ensure that individuals with severe speech and physical impairments achieve full participation in their communities through the use of augmentative & alternative means of communication (AAC) and assistive technology (AT) applications and through the development, implementation and dissemination of innovative life-long educational strategies.
Young will perform with his longtime band Crazy Horse at this year’s Bridge School Benefit as part of their first tour since 2004. It will be the rare opportunity to see the electric, jam-heavy group perform in an acoustic setting this fall.
Other confirmed performers include: Foster the People, Lucinda Williams, Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers, k.d. lang and the Siss Boom Bang and Gary Clark Jr. This is the first time Guns N’ Roses, Jack White, the Flaming Lips, Foster The People, Steve Martin, k.d. lang and Gary Clark Jr. have performed at the annual event.
Here’s a look at this year’s confirmed lineup
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Guns N’ Roses
The Flaming Lips
Foster the People
Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers
k.d. lang and the Siss Boom Bang
Gary Clark Jr.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll