Trey Anastasio, Sleigh Bells, Blondie, Araabmuzik and Conspirator Added To Capitol Theatre’s Initial Lineup
Trey Anastasio Band, Sleigh Bells, Blondie and Araabmuzik have joined the soon-to-be-reopened Capitol Theatre’s initial lineup of shows. These artists join previously announced acts including Bob Dylan—who will reopen the venue with a performance on Sept 4— Bob Weir, The Roots, The Moody Blues, Warren Haynes, My Morning Jacket and many more. Also of note is the addition of Conspirator, who will open for Umphrey’s McGee on October 17 at the Cap.
“I’m very pleased with the diversity of talent that we have been able to put together for the opening lineup,” says The Bowery Presents’ Anthony Makes, who is booking the theatre in partnership with _Relix Publisher/Brooklyn Bowl owner Peter Shapiro. “That was our goal from the beginning. To bring the best artists who attract audiences from all different backgrounds and ages in the community. I believe we have achieved that to this point.”
Designed by celebrated architect Thomas Lamb in 1926 and listed in The National Register of Historic Places, The Capitol Theatre is located approximately 30 miles from NYC. Check out the initial lineup of confirmed shows at the theatre below.
Tickets for The Roots’ series of performances (including the HeadCount Benefit with Bob Weir) go on sale today.
The Capitol Theatre Initial Lineup
9/4/12 Bob Dylan And His Band
9/7/12 The Roots/Bob Weir solo (A Benefit for HeadCount) (followed by DJ ?uestlove’s Cap Train Party)
9/8/12 Hugh Laurie with The Copper Bottom Band
9/9/12 Buddy Guy & Jonny Lang
9/14/12 The Roots/Dirty Dozen Brass Band (followed by DJ ?uestlove’s Cap Train Party)
9/15/12 Big Gigantic
9/19/12 J Geils Band
9/21/12 The Roots/Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe (followed by DJ ?uestlove’s Cap Train Party)
9/22/12 Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Robert Cray
9/25/12 Dirty Projectors
9/27/12 David Gray
9/28/12 The Roots (followed by DJ ?uestlove’s Cap Train Party)
10/3/12 Regina Spektor
10/5/12 Sleigh Bells/AraabMuzik
10/9/12 Ben Folds Five
10/10/12 Fiona Apple
10/11/12 Warren Haynes Weekend
10/12/12 Warren Haynes Weekend
10/13/12 Blues Traveler/Spin Doctors
10/17/12 Umphrey’s McGee/Conspirator
10/20/12 Psychedelic Furs w/ The Lemonheads feat. Juliana Hatfield
10/25/12 Al Green
10/27/12 Indigo Girls with full band
10/28/12 Trey Anastasio Band
11/8/12 Lyle Lovett and His Acoustic Group
11/10/12 Justin Townes Earle
11/20/12 Ray LaMontagne
11/27/12 The Moody Blues
11/28/12 The Moody Blues
12/27/12 My Morning Jacket
12/28/12 My Morning Jacket
12/29/12 My Morning Jacket
12/30/12 Steve Miller Band
12/31/12 Steve Miller Band
2/2/13 Citizen Cope
4/13/13 Herbie Hancock
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll