Exclusive Preview of Robert Plant & Band of Joy DVD
In 1967, Robert Plant formed the Band of Joy with drummer John Bonham, before the two joined with guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones the following year to form Led Zeppelin. Approximately 40 years later, he rekindled the name on the heals of his highly acclaimed collaboration with Allison Krauss (Raising Sand), feeling fit for the extraordinary group of musicians he assembled to cut an album and tour the world.
Those musicians include some of Nashville’s finest: the indelible, jack of all trades musician Buddy Miller, singer/songwriter Patty Griffin along with multi-instrumentalist Darrell Scott. When the band rolled into Nashville’s historic War Memorial Auditorium, The Artists Den was there to capture it in full cinematic glory.
“Check out the entire take of “House of Cards” from the DVD.”:http://www.relix.com/video/artist-exclusives/2012/07/02/robert-plant-the-band-of-joy-house-of-cards
“Some years back I was propelled by chance, with little planning or expectation into an American way…with a lean and pull into a new direction…voices and harmony, restraint and explosion, tight and loose, great joy in great company….in a blizzard in Nashville,” Plant reflects in the forthcoming DVD’s liner notes. “My thanks to one and all for aiding and abetting this exciting bend in the road.”
Pre-order the DVD today prior to its international release on July 9 and domestic release July 10.
The original broadcast left out a number of songs due to time constraints. Now released in full for the first time, the concert DVD features bonus interview clips and concert footage not included in the television broadcast, including six Led Zeppelin classics.
The full track list is as follows:
1. Black Dog
2. Angel Dance
3. Houses of the Holy
4. House of Cards
5. Cindy, I’ll Marry You Someday
6. Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down
7. Somewhere Trouble Don’t Go
9. A Satisfied Mind
10. Move Up
11. Down to the Sea
12. Ramble On
13. Gallows Pole
14. In the Mood
15. Rock and Roll
16. I Bid You Goodnight
For more about the Artists Den, please visit http://artistsden.com
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Portugal. The Man "Atomic Man" (Official Video)
- Prince "Fixurlifeup" (Official Video)
- Alex Bleeker & The Freaks: How Far Away
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll