Marco Benevento’s TigerFace
A few days after confirming that he will celebrate the release of his new album TigerFace at Phil Lesh’s Terrapin Crossroads, Marco Benevento has now announced some additional details about the project. TigerFace, which is slated for release on September 11 via The Royal Potato Family, was recorded and mixed by Tom Biller (Silversun Pickups, Elliot Smith, Fiona Apple) and Bryce Goggin (Pavement, Antony & The Johnsons, Phish, Akron/Family). A diverse mix of musicians appear on the album, including drummers Matt Chamberlain (Brad Mehldau, Bill Frisell), John McEntire (Tortoise, The Sea & The Cake) and Andrew Barr (The Slip, Barr Brothers), bassists Dave Dreiwitz (Ween), Reed Mathis (Tea Leaf Green) and Mike Gordon (Phish), violinist Ali Helnwein (Traction Avenue Chamber Orchestra) and saxophonist Stuart Bogie (Antibalas, Superhuman Happiness).
For the first time on record, Benevento also worked with a vocalist, inviting Kalmia Traver (Rubblebucket) to sing on two tracks. “This man is really on to something special,” Traver said in a statement, describing the recording process as “a blast of yes-wave amazing fun energy—there were no ‘NOs,’ only lots of laughter, belting and joyousness.”
“I blindly and fearlessly opened up some doors to different sounds on my record during the course of two years,” Benevento says, “TigerFace is the beginnings of a new, more melody driven sound with the focus on the impact of the song from start to finish.”
Here’s a look at the album’s tracks
1. Limbs Of A Pine (featuring Kalmia Traver of Rubblebucket)
2. This Is How It Goes (featuring Kalmia Traver of Rubblebucket)
4. Going West
5. Eagle Rock
7. Do What She Told You
8. Escape Horse
10. This Is How It Goes (Instrumental)
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Sexmob: Cinema, Circus & Spaghetti (Sexmob Plays Fellini: The Music of Nino Rota)
- Summer Stars: Shovels & Rope
- Visions of Bonnaroo Friday (Paul McCartney, Passion Pit, Conspirator…)
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll