Austin City Limits 2012: Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Black Keys,The Avett Brothers, Iggy & The Stooges, Umphrey’s McGee
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, The Black Keys, Jack White, Florence + The Machine and The Avett Brothers are among the acts slated to appear at the 2012 Austin City Limits Music Festival. Slated to return to Austin, TX’s Zilker Park from October 12-14, the multi-day event revealed its roster through a unique “lineup lotto” where fans were able to pickup scratch off cards at local stores to slowly reveal some of ACL’s bands.
A slightly more diverse offering than some of this year’s major festivals, ACL’s lineup will also boast Umphrey’s McGee, Antibalas, Trampled by Turtles, Bassnectar, Iggy & The Stooges, The Punch Brothers, The Roots, Weezer, Patterson Hood, The Lumineers, The Devil Makes Three, Asleep at the Wheel, The Whigs, Lee Fields & The Expressions, Father John Misty and Soul Revels Brass Band, among others.
Austin resident Gary Clark Jr., the rare act to perform at Coachella, Bonnaroo Lollapalooza and ACL in the same year, will also complete his victory lap with an appearance. Young’s appearance is part of a Crazy Horse tour that also includes a stop at Outside Lands, two nights at Red rocks and a headlining spot at the Voodoo Music Experience. He is expected to confirm additional dates in the coming weeks.
Here’s a look at ACL’s lineup
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Neil Young and Crazy Horse
The Black Keys
Florence + The Machine
The Avett Brothers
Iggy & The Stooges
The Civil Wars
Tegan and Sara
Two Door Cinema Club
The Afghan Whigs
Gary Clark Jr.
Band of Skulls
Randy Rogers Band
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
The War On Drugs
Bombay Bicycle Club
Trampled by Turtles
The Devil Makes Three
Asleep at the Wheel
First Aid Kit
Lee Fields & The Expressions
Father John Misty
Dry the River
The Boxer Rebellion
Soul Rebels Brass Band
Willis Earl Beal
He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister
Deep Dark Woods
Kopecky Family Band
River City Extension
La Vida Bohème
The Eastern Sea
Kenny Vaughan Trio
The Aaron Ivey Band
The Mighty Sincere Voices
Shields of Faith
The Baylor Choir
Disciples of Joy
Peter DiStefano & Tor
The School of Rock
The Q Brothers
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll