John Oates Looks Ahead to The Great GoogaMooga
This weekend, the inaugural Great GoogaMooga Festival will transform Brooklyn, NY’s Prospect Park into a music and food paradise with over 75 food vendors, 35 brewers, 30 winemakers and 20 live music performances. Pairing a wide array of food, drink and musical activities, the festival will showcase musical performances by artists including Hall & Oates and Preservation Hall Jazz Band, food and wine displays by celebrity chefs like Anthony Bourdain, a DJ set from former LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy, a New Orleans Brunch with Dirty Dozen Brass Band and lots more.
In a recent press call, John Oates discussed his excitement to headline the festival and indulge in its many culinary offerings, “I think it’s a match made in heaven,” said Oates. “I love music and I love to eat…I don’t think there’s a city on Earth where you have more choices and higher quality food than New York City.”
Oates, who has collaborated with a number of artists from the jam scene in recent months—including moe., Umphrey’s McGee, Ivan Neville and more—also discussed the potential of collaborations occurring at The Great GoogaMooga along with some of the acts he’s most excited to catch.
“I want to catch as much as I can. I’m going to come out early for sure. I know Daryl [Hall] has worked with Fitz and The Tantrums and a number of other people with his T.V. show,” said Oates. “There’s a bunch of young performers from Berklee College of Music who I’ve seen on YouTube and they’re going to be out there. Who knows what’s going to happen? I think the best thing is probably to get surprised, really.”
For more information on The Great GoogaMooga, visit the festival’s website.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll