The Allman Brothers Will Share the Stage with Santana, moe. and More This Summer
Photo by Dino Perrucci
After taking most of last summer off, The Allman Brothers Band have confirmed their annual summer tour. The East Coast and Midwest tour will kick off at All Good in late July and come to a close at the Peach Music Festival in August. The Allman Brothers Band will tour with Santana for most of the run, though moe. will open for the group in Atlanta and Lynyrd Skynyrd will co-headline two dates in North Carolina. The Allman Brothers Band will also offer two more intimate “evening with” shows in Boston.
Though this is the first time The Allman Brothers Band and Santana have co-headlined a summer tour, the jamband forefathers have crossed paths over the years. Carlos Santana also sat in with the ABB during one of their reunion shows in 1986. The Allman Brothers Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd co-headlined a tour together for the first time in 2004 but, surprisingly, the two bands never collaborated onstage.
In other news, Gregg Allman has confirmed that his book tour is back on and will kick off on May 8. Allman recently postponed his book signing tour to undergo some health tests.
Here’s a look at the ABB’s tour dates
July 21 Thornville, OH—All Good Festival
July 22 Darien Center, NY—Darien Lake Performing Arts Center (with Santana)
July 24 Wantagh, NY—Nikon at Jones Beach Theater (with Santana)
July 25 Holmdel, NJ—PNC Bank Arts Center (with Santana)
July 27 Saratoga Springs, NY—SPAC (with Santana)
July 28 Hartford, CT—Comcast Theatre (with Santana)
July 39 Columbia, MD—Merriweather Post Pavilion (with Santana)
August 1 Atlanta, GA—Chastain Park Amphi. (with moe.)
August 3 Charlotte, NC—Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (with Lynyrd Skynyrd)
August 4 Raleigh, NC—-Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion (with Lynyrd Skynyrd)
August 7-8 Boston, MA-Bank of America Pavilion
August 10-11 Scranton, PA—Peach Music Festival
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll