Warren Haynes Honored in Florida
Haynes receiving “Best Friend of Adoption Award” from One World Adoptions Services vice-president Jeff Kasky
After a weekend at The Wanee Festival, where Warren Haynes performed twice with The Allman Brothers and once with Gov’t Mule, he managed to find his way to Southern Florida to support two very worthwhile causes last night in Boca Raton, FL. One World Adoptions Services, a not-for-profit child placing service, and JAFCO, an agency that supports Jewish Adoption and Foster Care, were the recipients of his efforts. (Haynes and his wife Stefanie Scarmado announced the adoption of their son Hudson Samuel Haynes this past October.)
Haynes, no worse for wear, performed two stunning acoustic solo sets, and also delivered a beautiful Gibson guitar signed by the entire Allman Brothers Band which fetched a whopping $11,500 as part of an auction.
His sets ran the gamut of material. Opening with a sweet “Patchwork Quilt,” he moved through “Forevermore,” “Listen to the Lions,” Glory Road,” “Fallen,” “In My Life,” an amazing “Beautifully Broken” before finishing the first set with “A Friend to You.”
During the break, Haynes received two awards. The first, from JAFCO, stated “You have not lived a perfect day until you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you.” The next was the first ever “Best Friend of Adoption Award” from One World.
The second set saw Haynes open with a moving rendition of “China Doll,” before seguing into a glorious version of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah.” Next came “I’ll be the One,” Elvis Costello’s “Allison,” “River’s Gonna’ Rise,” U2’s “One,” a shockingly beautiful “The Real Thing” and “It Hurts Me Too.” An encore of “Soulshine” topped the evening off, perfectly encapsulating the true mood of this wonderful charity.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- Alex Bleeker & The Freaks: How Far Away
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll