Outside Lands 2012 Confirms Lineup (Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Jack White, Sigur Ros, Justice, Norah Jones, Alabama Shakes and More)
Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Jack White, Foo Fighters and Skrillex are among the acts slated to headline the 5th annual Outside Lands music, food and wine festival. As previously reported, the three-day event will return to San Francisco’s Outside Lands from August 10-12. Other acts scheduled to appear include: Sigur Ros, Justice, Norah Jones, Grandaddy, Bloc Party, Die Antwoord, Amadou & Mariam, Fun., The Walkmen, Dispatch,Two Gallants, Alabama Shakes, Tame Impala, Sharon Van Etten, Bomba Estereo, Tennis, White Denim and Caveman, among many others.
Both Neil Young & Crazy Horse and Metallica have roots in the Bay Area. Metallica’s performance will not only be part of the San Fran metal band’s 30th anniversary celebration, but also their first performance in San Francisco’s historic Golden Gate Park. It has also been a number of year’s since Stevie Wonder performed in San Francisco. Though Neil Young & Crazy Horse played a Beatles cover at a Grammy party in February, as of press time Outside Lands is the group’s first confirmed full show since 2004. One of the seminal garage rock group’s last big public public performances before their extended hiatus was at Outside Land’s sister festival Bonnaroo in 2003.
Presented by Another Planet Entertainment, Superfly Presents and Starr Hill presents, in a partnership with the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department, the event’s producers will donate a significant portion of every ticket sold will directly benefit San Francisco’s Recreation and Park Department. In addition, the festival will offer over 100 food and wine options including organic, kegged wine; food trucks and local vendors from over 50 local restaurants. Likewise, Wine Lands will celebrate over 30 of the region’s wineries, including Long Meadow Ranch, Scribe, Bonny Doon, Kermit Lynch and Paul Grieco’s Summer of Riesling 2012.
Other confirmed acts include: Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Dr. Dog, Big Gigantic, Thee Oh Sees, Big Boi, Father John Misty, Portugal. The Man and Trampled by Turtles, among many others. Additional acts will be confirmed int he coming weeks.
Here’s a look at the festival’s confirmed lineup
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Explosions In The Sky
Fitz and The Tantrums
Portugal. The Man
Amadou & Mariam
City and Colour
Of Monsters and Men
Trampled By Turtles
The Be Good Tanyas
Sharon Van Etten
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Thee Oh Sees
The M Machine
Father John Misty
Honey Island Swamp Band
More artists, restaurants, wineries to be announced in the coming weeks. Fore more info visit the Outside Lands official website.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll