Update: Dispatch Announces Fall Tour (and New Album)
Photo by Matthew Shelter
Dispatch have confirmed their first fall tour in over a decade. The jam-pop trio reunited for a series of dates last summer and recently toured Europe. The group will make their debuts at the The Hangout and Bonnaroo before heading out on a fall tour in September. While Dispatch’s summer shows have focused primarily on amphitheaters and other large outdoor spaces, the band’s fall outing will include a number of high-profile theaters and ballrooms like Radio City, Aragon Ballroom and the 1stBank Center. Dispatch will also offer a free audio download of each show to fans in attendance. Fans must keep their ticket stubs in order to redeem their downloads.
Update: Almost immediately after confirming their first fall tour in years, Dispatch has set August 21 as the release date for their new studio album Circles Around The Sun. This will be the group’s first full-length studio release since 2000. Produced by Peter Katis (Interpol, Jonsi, The National), Circles Around The Sun was recorded at The Clubhouse (Rhinebeck, NY), Water Music (Hoboken, NJ), and Tarquin Studios (Bridgeport, CT). The group’s last studio release was a self-titled EP 2011.
Here’s a look at Dispatch’s upcoming dates
May 19 Hangout Music Fest—Gulf Shores, AL
June 9 Manchester, TN—Bonnaroo Music & Arts Fest
September 20 Vancouver, CA—Commodore Ballroom (w/ Sleeper Agent)
September 21 Seattle, WA—Paramount Ballroom (w/ Sleeper Agent)
September 22 Portland, OR—Roseland Theater (w/ Sleeper Agent)
September 26 Los Angeles, CA—Hollywood Palladium (w/ Sleeper Agent)
September 28 Broomfield, CO—1stBank Center (w/ Sleeper Agent)
September 29 Broomfield, CO—1stBank Center (w/ Good Old War)
October 1 Minneapolis, MN—Orpheum Theater (w/ Good Old War)
October 2 Chicago, IL—Aragon Ballroom (w/ Good Old War)
October 3 Chicago, IL—Aragon Ballroom (w/ Good Old War)
October 5 New York, NY— Radio City Music Hall (w/ Good Old War)
October 6 Boston, MA—Agganis Arena (w/ Good Old War and Parkington Sisters)
October 8 Toronto, ON—The Sound Academy (w/ Good Old War)
October 9 Philadelphia, PA—Tower Theater (w/ Good Old War and Parkington Sisters)
October 11 Washington, DC—D A R Constitution Hall (w/w/ Good Old War and Parkington Sisters)
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll