Phil Lesh to Reunite The Quintet
Phil Lesh will reunite his classic Phil & Friends lineup in April. The group—described by Lesh as the Quintet—will perform at the bassist’s San Rafael, CA venue Terrapin Crossroads from April 26-29. In addition to Lesh, the Quintet features Rob Barraco, Warren Haynes, Jimmy Herring and John Molo. The Quintet toured regularly from 2000-2003 but has not performed in the years since.
Lesh has also issued a message about his Terrapin Crossroads opening:
Jill and I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the success of our opening shows- musicians, crew, TC staff, and especially the community, who have responded so enthusiastically. Now that these first shows are under our belts, so to speak, we’d also like to announce some of our plans for the future. As you will see below, we intend to offer many different strata of musical performance, including PLF, Rambles, the Fellowship (Lesh family band), Telstar (electronica/free improv), Terrapin All-Stars (local musicians), and many more (jazz and wine-tasting, brunch with gospel music, chamber music, etc.). We are also planning to present free music in the bar with smaller ensembles (duos, trios) on off nights.
We plan to celebrate the arts – music, culinary, poetry, dance, literature, visual arts including photography, theatre, and other creative endeavors – so aside from a performance space and restaurant, Terrapin Crossroads will also host art exhibits, have art-and-music-themed books in our Living Room, memorabilia displays, and provide a beautiful, comfortable place where people can meet friends to exchange ideas over a glass of wine or a drink, a terrific meal, and of course hear some great music. We’ll also be a place for teaching and learning: in addition to regular musical performances, we will offer curated conversations with celebrated visionaries, luminaries, characters, and eccentrics, discussing topics ranging from cosmology to history to environmental issues to building team spirit and beyond.
In the future, we will be opening Terrapin Crossroads up for weddings, birthdays and other family celebrations.
We look forward to hosting the community, getting to know you, and building stronger bonds between all of us.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Grateful Dead’s Morning Brew and Drop Dead Dark Roast
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll