The String Cheese Incident Confirms Dates, Will Offer Tickets Without Service Fees
Photo by Larry Hulst
The String Cheese Incident have confirmed their first full summer tour since 2007. The band will return to a number of their favorite West Coast venues, including Morrison, CO’s Red Rocks, Los Angeles’ Greek Theater and North Plains, OR’s Horning’s Hideout, among other sheds. As previously reported, the band will also perform at fests like Electric Forest and The Hangout. Almost a decade after fighting Ticketmaster in court, the band has also confirmed that there will be no service charge add-ons for fans who purchase their tickets through the band’s website.
A post on the band’s website reads:
Greetings from The String Cheese Incident Headquarters….the management team has been hard at work, racking our brains to try and come up with a couple of new and creative ideas for the Barefoot Boys that will properly capture the feeling of excitement we all get when we look ahead to Summer 2012…..we came up with a massive list of ideas that ranged from shooting Billy out of a cannon to having Kyle brew up a pool full of Summer Ale and inviting all of Boulder over for a swim…..unfortunately many of these ideas proved to either be prohibitively expensive, logistically impossible or just downright dumb…..however, we are pleased to report that we did come up with a couple that we wanted to share with everyone.
First, the most exciting thing we have seen sweep across the cultural landscape in the last couple of months has been the mania induced by New York Knick point guard Jeremy Lin….As Mr. Lin is often referred to by the global media as “the Michael Kang of Basketball” we felt that it was only fair for us to return the favor. Therefore, from this moment forth, the band will now be known as The String Cheese Lincident…. Not only are we thrilled by the obvious media boost this will provide for the band but think of the merch possibilities…..Lincredible!!
The second idea we are going to roll out this summer is one that we have actually been working on for a very long time. Way back in the summer of 2003, the band filed a lawsuit in Federal Court against Ticketmaster. The basic gist of the lawsuit was that the band wanted to maintain the ability to sell a large amount of tickets directly to the fans with the intention of keeping the service charge as reasonable as possible. Some very pointed discussions took place, the issue was resolved and the band continued selling tickets as they had always done. Fast forward to today and pay attention…..this is the exciting part….The String Cheese Incident is proud to announce that we have figured out a way to finally achieve the ultimate goal with this whole ticketing exercise…. The Summer Tour of 2012 will be SERVICE CHARGE FREE. That’s right…..if you order tix thru the band’s website there will be no service charge add-ons aside from shipping(which is out of our hands)….the ticket price that is listed is the price that you will pay. The band is going to cover the credit card fee….the band is going to cover the cost to take the orders and fulfill the tickets…..the cost of a $49.95 ticket to Red Rocks will cost you $49.95……the cost of a $49.95 ticket to the Greek will cost you $49.95…..a $239 ticket to Horning’s will be $49.95…just kidding, it will actually be $239….that’s it….super simple. We’ve got a big batch of tix to sell but the supply is not limitless….get ‘em while you can…..
String Cheese Incident’s 2012 summer dates
May 19 Hangout Festival Gulf Shores, AL
June 29 Electric Forest Rothbury, MI
June 30 Electric Forest Rothbury, MI
July 1 Electric Forest Rothbury, MI
July 5 Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, CO
July 6 Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, CO
July 7 Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, CO
July 10 Deer Valley Amphitheater Park City, UT
July 12 Pepsi Amphitheater Flagstaff, AZ
July 13 Greek Theatre Los Angeles, CA
July 14 Greek Theatre Berkeley, CA
July 15 Greek Theatre Berkeley, CA
July 20 Horning’s Hideout North Plains, OR
July 21 Horning’s Hideout North Plains, OR
July 22 Horning’s Hideout North Plains, OR
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll