Ivan Neville, Anders Osborne and George Porter Jr. Join Ryan Montbleau on For Higher
Ryan Montbleau has announced the release of his new album, For Higher, which drops May 15. Departing from his traditional singer/songwriter mold, Montbleau recorded the album down in New Orleans with a lineup featuring some of the Big Easy’s finest musicians. Produced by Ben Ellman of Galactic, For Higher also features appearances by keyboardist Ivan Neville, guitarist Anders Osborne, drummer Simon Lott and bassist George Porter Jr.
Included in the tracklisting are several songs that were already part of the Ryan Montbleau Band’s live repertoire including soul nuggets from Bill Withers, Curtis Mayfield, supergroup Rhinoceros, and late Muscle Shoals guitarist Eddie Hinton.
“I have a band that I’ve been touring with for years, and usually by the time we head into the studio the songs are pretty well mapped out,” says Montbleau. “This is a totally different record than I’ve ever made.”
Check out the full tracklisting below.
For Higher Tracklisting
1. Yeah Man
2. Heartbreak Road
3. Away We Go
4. Head Above Water
5. Here But I’m Gone
6. Burning and Hiding
7. Sweet, Nice ‘N’ High
8. Just Perfect
9. Dead Set
10. Full Grown Man
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll