Mountain Jam 2012 Initial Lineup: Steve Winwood, Gov’t Mule, Michael Franti & Spearhead, The Roots, Ben Folds Five
Steve Winwood, Gov’t Mule, Michael Franti & Spearhead, The Roots, Ben Folds Five and The Word (ft. Robert Randolph, John Medeski and the North Mississippi Allstars) are among the initial acts confirmed for the 8th annual Mountain Jam. The festival will return to Hunter, NY’s Hunter Mountain from May 31-June 3. Other acts slated to appear include: Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Travelin’ McCourys w/ Keller Williams, Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, Dawes, Gary Clark Jr., Givers, Charles Bradley, Bustle In Your Hedgerow,EOTO, Anders Osborne, Zach Deputy, Break Science, Marco Benevento, Wolf!, Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds and Rolling Stone cover contest winners The Sheepdogs.
Gov’t Mule has performed the festival every year since its inception while Franti has been a Mountain Jam regular for many years. Ben Folds’ Mountain Jam appearance is part of a reunion tour behind the trio’s new studio album.
The festival’s forward-thinking Awareness Village will once again host a special acoustic stage, as well as exhibits from not-for-profit organizations and environmental groups, children’s entertainment, performance and sculpture art, physical and spiritual healing, a beer and wine garden, and much more. Mountain Jam veteran Michael Franti & Spearhead will be gracing the Festival stage for their 7th straight appearance and will once again perform an intimate acoustic set in the Awareness Village.
New in 2012, Mountain Jam will offer a limited number of Luxury Pre-Pitched Tents on the Mountain atop the Concert Field and Awareness Village. Festival Passes are now available at Early Bird prices for $150, and with camping for $180. A limited number of VIP Festival Passes are now on sale for $440, which includes Thursday admission and VIP camping. Single day tickets will be available in the spring.
Here’s a look at the festival’s initial lineup
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Ben Folds Five
The Word (ft. Robert Randolph, John Medeski, and the N. Miss. Allstars)
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Travelin’ McCourys w/ Keller Williams
Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe
Gary Clark Jr.
Carolina Chocolate Drops
Mariachi El Bronx
Bustle In Your Hedgerow
Planet of the Abts
The Lee Boys
Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds
Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real
Kopecky Family Band
Connor Kennedy Band
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Grateful Dead’s Morning Brew and Drop Dead Dark Roast
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- John Medeski: A Different Time
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll