Bob Weir Will Welcome Steve Kimock, Mark Karan and Vinyl to Sweetwater
Mill Valley, California’s Sweetwater Music Hall will finally re-open later this month. The venue closed back in 2007 but it is relocating into a 107 year-old Masonic Hall in downtown Mill Valley that has been undergoing renovations for well over a year. Bob Weir is one of the investors in the new club which will now offer a Meyer Sound system and streaming video technology. Weir is one of many individuals who performed at the venue over the preceding few decades, as well as Jerry Garcia, Carlos Santana, Elvis Costello, John Lee Hooker, Gregg Allman, Bonnie Raitt and Huey Lewis. Hot Tuna and Vinyl are among the acts who recorded live albums at Sweetwater and the new Sweetwater management teams suggest that this will be encouraged at the new facility. The “soft launch” will take place on January 27 with The Outlaws. The next two nights will see performances by Steve Kimock and Special Guests (just days after Kimock performs with RatDog at Weir’s TRI Studios), while Kimock also will offer a Master class during the afternoon of Sunday 29th. Mark Karan will headline on February 8 and 22, Dan Bern with Common Rotation will perform on February 18 and Vinyl is set for Saturday, February 25.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- The Facebook Photo Contest Top 10
- Welcome to moe.town (Relix Revisited)
- Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll