Legendary Guitarist Leslie West Announces Dates
Last June, legendary guitarist Leslie West underwent the amputation of his right leg as a result of his ongoing battle with diabetes. That move hardly slowed West from releasing his latest album Usual Suspects, but did impede his ability to tour. Now, with the help of a new MV-1 vehicle from the Vehicle Production Group, West will be hitting the road later this month. According to the statement, the MV-1 is the first mobility vehicle designed specifically for wheelchair accessibility. The vehicle is the only factory built mode of transportation that meets or exceeds the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) direct from the factory. After receiving the MV-1, West said:
“This is nicer than any guitar I have ever owned, and I’ve had some pretty incredible instruments including my own Leslie West Dean Signature Series. I was speechless. People would be proud to own this vehicle. The gestures made collectively by Fred, Brian and Steven, are the most generous I have experienced in my life.”
West will kick off a short run of dates on January 31st with guitarist Uli Jon Roth. For more info the legendary guitarist, read Jeff Tamarkin’s feature in the December issue of Relix.
Leslie West Tour Dates:
1/31 New York, NY—BB Kings
2/01 Foxborough, MA—Showcase Live
2/03 Sellersville, PA—Sellersville Theatre
2/04 Sayreville, NJ—Starland Ballroom
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- "Friend of The Devil": Elvis Costello, Lyle Lovett, Grace Potter, Keller Williams, Ministry…
- American Idol’s Randy Jackson To Produce Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds
- Covering Relix: The Doors (April 1991)
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll