Tom Petty, The Neville Brothers, The Eagles, Al Green, Foo Fighters, Bonnie Raitt, My Morning Jacket, Levon Helm Band with Mavis Staples and Steve Earle Set for Jazz Fest 2012
Last year the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival confirmed its roster of performers in January, this time it has done so a month earlier. Once again the event will take place over two weeks, on April 27 – 29 May 1 and the May 5 – 8. The first weekend will feature music from: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, John Mayer, Al Green, Trombone Shorty, Bon Iver, Jill Scott, Allen Toussaint, Iron & Wine, Dr. John & the Lower 911, Steel Pulse, Gomez, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Chuck Leavell & Friends, Gary Clark Jr. and many additional artists, including a headliner yet to be announced. The second weekend’s roster of players includes: The Neville Brothers, The Eagles, Foo Fighters, Bonnie Raitt, My Morning Jacket, Levon Helm Band with special guest Mavis Staples and Steve Earle, Bunny Wailer, Galactic, Zac Brown Band, Herbie Hancock and his Band, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Ne-Yo, Maze feat. Frankie Beverly, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Florence + the Machine, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Esperanza Spalding, Bruce Hornsby, funky Meter, Preservation Hall Jazz Band’s 50th Anniversary Jam and numerous more artists including another major TBA.
Tickets for the event at the New Orleans Fairgrounds will go on sale today.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Iron & Wine at The Beacon (A Gallery)
- The National "Don’t Swallow the Cap" on Letterman
- A Great Night in Harlem (A Gallery)
- "Friend of The Devil": Elvis Costello, Lyle Lovett, Grace Potter, Keller Williams, Ministry…
- American Idol’s Randy Jackson To Produce Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds
- Covering Relix: The Doors (April 1991)
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll