Black Friday Records: Phish, Wilco, The Dead, Dr. Dog, Bob Dylan and Many More
A number of artists will release or re-lease special recordings as part of Record Store Day’s Black Friday campaign. Like Record Store Day itself, these special releases will include exclusive vinyl, re-issues, bonus material and other collector-friendly recordings. Of particular note, Phish will restock independent record stores with the white vinyl edition of its 1986 independent album “The White Tape.” Meanwhile, Dr. Dog will release a special two-song 7” that includes the new songs “Control Yourself” and “Warrior Man.” Black Friday is November 25, 2011.
Wilco, Black Keys, Bob Dylan and several other noted artists will also release exclusive recordings.
Here are some additional highlights:
Grateful Dead – LIVE EUROPE ‘72 VOL. 2
4 LP vinyl release of the CD, with one additional track
Bob Dylan – CAN YOU PLEASE CRAWL OUT YOUR WINDOW?
Box set of four 7” singles, limited, numbered, includes Dylan sticker.
Doors – LA WOMAN SINGLES BOX SET
Doors 7” box set includes “The Changling,” “Riders on the Storm,” “Love Her Madly” and fourth single of studio banter, artwork will include the original image of the naked woman nailed to the telephone pole
John Lennon – IMAGINE 40TH ANNIVERSARY BOX SET
2010 Remastered LP. Includes 6 track white vinyl 12” and a poster
Rolling Stones – NO SPARE PARTS
An individually numbered single with unreleased track from the Some Girls sessions (“No Spare Parts”), with the remastered “Before They Make Me Run”, nowhere else on vinyl and both from the upcoming Some Girls expanded editions.
Warren Haynes – RIVERS GONNA RISE
7” 45 of a live recording of tracks from a radio station concert.
Wilco – SPEAK INTO THE ROSE
4 track 10” vinyl, with two previously unreleased tracks
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll