Johnny Winter Enlists Warren Haynes, John Medeski, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeski for New Album
Johnny Winter’s next studio album is set for a September 27 release on Megaforce Records. The aptly-titled Roots will pay tribute to those musicians who influenced the guitarist, such as: Robert Johnson, Elmore James, Muddy Waters and T-Bone Walker. Numerous guest players also contribute, including: Warren Haynes, Susan Tedeschi, Derek Trucks, John Medeski, John Popper and Winter’s brother Edgar.
The complete track listing appears below:
1) T-Bone Shuffle (featuring Sonny Landreth slide guitar)
2) Further On Up The Road (featuring Jimmy Vivino guitar)
3) Done Somebody Wrong (featuring Warren Haynes slide guitar)
4) Got My Mojo Workin’ (Frank Latorre – Harmonica)
5) Last Night (featuring John Popper on harp)
6) Maybellene (featuring Vince Gill on guitar)
7) Bright Lights, Big City (featuring Susan Tedeschi on lead guitar and vocals)
8) Honky Tonk (featuring Edgar Winter on sax)
9) Dust My Broom (featuring Derek Trucks on slide guitar)
10) Short Fat Fannie (featuring Paul Nelson on guitar)
11) Come Back Baby (featuring John Medeski on organ)
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- The National "Don’t Swallow the Cap" on Letterman
- A Great Night in Harlem (A Gallery)
- "Friend of The Devil": Elvis Costello, Lyle Lovett, Grace Potter, Keller Williams, Ministry…
- American Idol’s Randy Jackson To Produce Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds
- Covering Relix: The Doors (April 1991)
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll