Clap Your Hands Say Yeah To Release First Album in Four Years
Onetime indie blog sensations Clap Your Hands Say Yeah have quietly confirmed their first studio album since 2007. Hysterical will be available on September 20 in the US, and September 12 in the UK, Europe, Japan and Australia. The album was helmed by noted alternative/indie producer John Congleton. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah will support Hysterical with a series of dates in August and September. As of now, the group’s brief tour is scheduled to kick off at San Francisco’s Outside Lands Festival in mid August.
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah played their final pre-hiatus show in Brooklyn in early 2009. Since that time frontman Alec Ounsworth has released two solo albums, including a New Orleans record featuring George Porter Jr., Stanton Moore, Los Lobos’ Steve Berlin and Robert Walter. Multi-instrumentalist Robbie Guertin also moonlights as the drummer/vocalist in rising indie band Radical Dad.
Here’s a look at Clap Your Hands Say Yeah’s upcoming dates
August 12-14 Outside Lands Festival / San Francisco, CA
August 28 Sunset Junction Festival / Los Angeles, CA
September 2 End of the Road Festival / North Dorset, UK
September 6 Queens Social Club / Sheffield, UK
September 7 Scala / London, UK
September 9 Berlin Festival / Airport Tempelhof, Germany
September 12 La Maroquinerie / Paris, France
September 13 Melkweg / Amsterdam, Holland
September 14 Gebaude 9 / Cologne, Germany
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- Alex Bleeker & The Freaks: How Far Away
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll