World Premiere from Forthcoming Los Lonely Boys Album, Rockpango
Los Lonely Boys will release their fourth studio album, Rockpango, on March 29 release. The Garza Bothers (Henry, JoJo and Ringo) have produced this one themselves and it will come out on the group’s own LonelyTone/Playing In Traffic Records. Rockpango builds on the trio’s signature sound while adding some additional elements as well. Tour percussionist Carmelo “Melo” Torres appears on some of the songs while the Tosca String Quartet contributes to two (“Road To Nowhere” and “Smile”). As JoJo Garza explains, “It was just time to grow and change. But not change too much. It’s kind of like a tree. A tree doesn’t actually change much as it grows. It gets taller, grows more branches, gets thicker and stronger. “Fly Away,” the first single from Rockpango, is now streaming right here on Relix.com.
The group will support the new album with a series of tour dates that extends well into the summer.
Los Lonely Boys Dates
2/20 – Midland, TX County Horseshoe Arena
3/18 – Austin, TX SXSW Whole Foods upstairs plaza 4pm
3/19 – Austin, TX SXSW Official Showcase TBA
3/29 – Austin, TX Waterloo Records In-Store, 5pm
4/2 – Steamboat Springs, CO Ski Resort
4/3 – Aspen, CO Belly Up
4/5 – Durango, CO Ft. Lewis College
4/6 – Greeley, CO Union Colony Civic Center
4/8 – Manhattan, KS McCain Auditorium
4/9 – Lincoln, NE Lied Center for Performing Arts
4/10 – Iowa City, IA Englert Theatre
4/12 – Madison, WI The Barrymore
4/13 – Lawrence, KS Granada
4/15 – Taos, NM Solar Center KTAOS Event
5/12 – Houston, TX House of Blues
5/13 – Dallas, TX House of Blues
5/14 – Austin, TX Stubb’s
6/15 – Norfolk, CT Infinity Hall
6/16 – Portland, ME Port City Music Hall
6/17 – Boston, MA Paradise
6/18 – Tarrytown, NY Tarrytown Hall
6/24 – Alexandria, VA Birchmere
6/25 – Annapolis, MD Ram’s Head
6/28 – Toronto, ON Jazz Fest
6/29 – Ann Arbor, MI Summer Festival
7/1 – Milwaukee, WI Summerfest
7/4 – Hankinson, ND Dakota Magic Casino
9/2 – Crockett, TX Civic Center
9/3 – Freeport, TX Summertime Blues Fest
9/10 – Birmingham, AL Library Theatre (acoustic)
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Summer Stars: Shovels & Rope
- Visions of Bonnaroo Friday (Paul McCartney, Passion Pit, Conspirator…)
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- The National’s Grateful Dead Tribute Album Dead Hot In Motion
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll