Marc Brownstein Produces McKenzie Eddy
Disco Biscuits bassist Marc Brownstein has produced the new album by longtime Damon Dash associate McKenzie Eddy. The album’s first single “Retrograde” is now available for free download as part of her mixtape, “A Prelude to My Next Excursion,” which features Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, Nicole Wray and Stalley. Eddy—who has performed and recorded with the Disco Biscuits— will also co-star in Muscle Car Chronicles, a musical short film and album inspired and produced by Sean O’Connell, executive produced by Damon Dash and directed by Coodie and Chike of Creative Control. The performance will be distributed by Def Jam Records.
Brownstein produced and co-wrote the untitled album at the Disco Biscuits Diamond Studios in Philadelphia. As of press time, the album is scheduled for release in April. Though he has produced tracks for the Disco Biscuits and other artists, this is the first full-length album Brownstein has produced by himself. The album also features contributions from platinum selling R&B singer Nicole Wray.
Eddy’s album will be one of four initial releases on the BiscoRoc label, a joint venture between the Disco Biscuits and Roc-a-Fella founder/BluRoc Records owner Damon Dash. Other projects expected to be released this year on the label include: the Disco Biscuits’ mixtape, “SkiBeatz vs. The Disco Biscuits” (which will also feature Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, Stalley, Jay Electronica, Mos Def, the Cool Kids and Jim Jones of the Diplomats rapping over remixes of songs from the Disco Biscuits’ Planet Anthem), Ski’s 24 Hour Karate School and an all original, full length, hip-hop album entitled BiscoRoc.
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Summer Stars: Shovels & Rope
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- The National’s Grateful Dead Tribute Album Dead Hot In Motion
- Daft Punk: Random Access Memories
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll