Wanee 2011: ABB, Widespread Panic, Robert Plant, Mike Gordon, Sharon Jones, Ween
The Wanee Music Festival has confirmed its roster of performers for this year’s event. Widespread Panic will join the Allman Brothers Band once again, while Robert Plant & The Band of Joy, Mike Gordon, Ween and Steve Miller Band are among the acts who will make their Wanee debuts. Other performers set to appear include: Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, 7 Walkers Feat. Bill Kreutzmann, Galactic, Keller Williams, Hot Tuna, Taj Mahal, North Mississippi Allstars, John Popper & The Duskray Troubadours, The Radiators, Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, the New Deal, Lotus, Tea Leaf Green, DJ Logic and Toubab Krewe, Wanda Jackson, Rusted Root, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Melvin Seals & JGB and Big Gigantic. The Allman Brothers family will be represented by the new Warren Haynes Band, Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band, Oteil Burbridge and The Lee Boys, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band as well Devon Allman’s Honeytribe (featuring Gregg Allman’s son Devon) and The Yeti Trio (featuring Butch Trucks’ son Vaylor).
As previously reported, Wanee will return to Live Oak, FL from April 14-16. Tickets for the 2011 Wanee Music Festival go on sale this Saturday at 10AM.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Covering Relix: The Doors (April 1991)
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll