From Good Homes Opens Soundcheck to Fans Snowed Out of 2010 Reunion
From Good Homes returned this weekend for two sold out nights at Montclair, NJ’s Wellmont Theatre. This was the same locale where the band performed a year earlier after a ten year hiatus (preceded by a warm-up show at New York’s Mercury Lounge) that has just been released as the aptly-titled new DVD, Reunion. On Friday and Saturday FGH focused on its classic material with no repeats. In addition, the band delivered two covers each evening, starting with Patti Smith’s “Dancing Barefoot” and Bob Dylan’s “Girl From The North Country” on Friday and then Led Zeppelin’s “Trampled Underfoot” and Bruce Springsteen’s “Atlantic City” on Saturday. The group also invited some fans, who had missed the previous years performances due to a snow storm, to watch its soundcheck on Saturday. The complete setlists appear below and some images from the night appear on the Jambands.com blog page, The Loop.
Friday, December 17
Set I: Fruitful Acre, Drivin n Cryin, Cool Me Down, Sunshine, New Hat, House on a Hill, Parachute, Ride All Night, Butterfly, 2nd Red Barn
Set II: Radio On, Where Songs Begin, Decision Song, Bang That Drum, Go Wild, Spacey Johnny, It’s Gettin Dirty>Drums, Dancing Barefoot, All I Can Do, Charlie Hogan, Mess, Raindance
Enc: Girl From The North Country, Comin On Home
Enc 2: Grandma’s Apple Dumplings
Saturday, December 18
Set I: There She Goes, If The Wind Blows, Suzanna Walker, Let Go, Dance A Hole, Giving Tree, Wake, Celebrate, Relationships Are Strange, Way To Go Pam
Set II: Broken Road, Where Songs Begin, Like A River, Second Red Barn On The Right, Trampled Underfoot, I Only Want, Ferris Wheel Waltz, Comin On Home, Head>Drums, I’m Your Man, The Ballad of Todd & Tracy, Butterfly & The Tree
Enc: Mess, Atlantic City, Maybe We Will
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Grateful Dead’s Morning Brew and Drop Dead Dark Roast
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- John Medeski: A Different Time
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll