Karl Denson’s Heroic Halloween
On Halloween, Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe celebrated its own own superhero evening (Chicago’s Family Groove Company offered a similar theme in Lincoln, Nebraska). KDTU’s We Could Be Heroes event took place at Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom in Denver. There, in addition to the themes from Batman and Spiderman, the group interpreted Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man,” by Black Sabbath, Johnny “Guitar” Watson’s “Superman Lover,” Jane’ Addiction’s “Superhero,” “My Hero” by the Foo Fighters, “Sunshine Superman” by Donovan, “Heroes” by David Bowie and Tenacious D’s “Wonderboy.”
Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe will next head south for a show at Dallas’ Granada on Thursday.
Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe Dates
11/4/2010 Dallas Granada
11/5/2010 New Orleans Tipitina’s
11/6/2010 Austin La Zona Rosa
11/12/2010 Chatanooga Rhythm and Brews
11/13/2010 Asheville Orange Peel
11/14/2010 Charlottesville Jefferson Theater
11/16/2010 Westchester The Note
11/17/2010 Boston Paradise*
11/18/2010 Providence The Met*
11/19/2010 Washington DC 9:30*
11/20/2010 New York Irving Plaza*
11/26/2010 San Diego Belly Up^
11/27/2010 Los Angeles El Rey^
12/1/2010 Phoenix Compound Grill^
12/2/2010 Tucson Rialto Theater^
12/3/2010 Flagstaff Orpheum^
12/4/2010 Santa Fe Brewing Company^
*Revolution of Soul with Maceo Parker
^with special guest Orgone
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll