Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band: Almost Acoustic and Ragged But Right
Back in 1988 the Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band released Almost Acoustic, a live album drawn from performances at Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles and The Warfield in San Francisco in 1987. The group, which also featured Sandy Rothman (mandolin, dobro, banjo), John Kahn (upright bass), Kenny Kosek (fiddle), and David Kemper (drums) ultimately performed just over 24 gigs in 1987 and 1988, including a celebrated run on Broadway at Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. Many of the Lunt-Fontanne shows are represented on the new Ragged But Right album which presents 14 additional songs, with the track listings reproduced below. Both albums will be released individually on November 16, however they also can be purchased together via Dead.net, accompanied by a 3,000 word essay on the “Definitive History of the Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band” written by Steve Silberman.
1. “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot”
2. “Deep Elem Blues”
3. “Blue Yodel #9 (Standin’ On The Corner)”
4. “Spike Driver Blues”
5. “I’ve Been All Around This World”
6. “I’m Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail”
7. “I’m Troubled”
8. “Oh, The Wind And Rain”
9. “The Girl At The Crossroads Bar”
10. “Oh Babe, It Ain’t No Lie”
11. “The Ballad Of Casey Jones”
12. “Diamond Joe”
13. “Gone Home”
Ragged But Right
1. “Ragged But Right”
2. “Short Life Of Trouble”
3. “I Ain’t Never”
4. “Trouble In Mind”
5. “Drifting With The Tide”
7. “Deep Elem Blues”
8. “Rosa Lee McFall”
9. “Two Soldiers”
10. “If I Lose”
11. “Bright Morning Star”
12. “Goodnight Irene”
13. “It’s A Long, Long Way To The Top Of The World”
14. “Drifting Too Far From The Shore”
15. “Turtle Dove”
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
- Alex Bleeker & The Freaks: How Far Away
- First Look: Robert Randolph & The Family Band’s Blue Note Debut Lickety Split
- The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl (Gallery and Clip)
- Lotus "Age of Inexperience" (Official Video)
- Morning Teleporation Share "People On My Floor"
- The National at Public Assembly and on Colbert (Gallery and Clips)
- John Fogerty and Dawes "Someday Never Comes" on Letterman
- Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers "Little Too Late" Live at the Hangout
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll