Alberta Cross and Friends Augment Dead Confederate
The worlds of indie, jam and hip hop collided last night at Brooklyn, NY’s Music Hall of Williamsburg. Coming off an extended tour with the indie-folk group Alberta Cross, Athens, GA-based grunge band Dead Confederate headlined the venue as part of an evening of music that also featured opening acts the Mt St Helen’s Vietnam Band, Submarine Bells and New Beard. Meanwhile, Albetra Cross performed an early evening show across the East River at New York’s Joe’s Pub. The acoustic gig celebrated the end of the band’s touring cycle behind 2009’s Broken Side of Time and featured several selections from the band’s next studio album (tentatively due in 2011).
Dead Confederate kicked off its show shortly after 10:30 PM and invited out an eclectic mix of guests. New Beard frontman Ben Wigler and his horn section sat in midway through the set for “Run >From The Gun.” Shortly after, Alberta Cross singer Petter Ericson Stakee and keyboardist Alec Higgins took the stage after the close of their show—along with a few stay crew members—for the upbeat “Giving It All Away.” As the members of Alberta Cross filtered off the stage, DJ Logic emerged for “Mob Scene” and “By Design.”
Though more known for his work in the jam, jazz and hip hop worlds, Logic befriended the members of Dead Confederate through the festival circuit. He is particularly close with Dead Confederate bassist Brantley Senn—one of the band’s more outspoken jam fans—whom he met at Bonnaroo and Warren Haynes’ Christmas Jam. Finally, Kevn Kinney, of Georgia hero Drivin’ & Cryin’, helped the band close its show with a run from Neil Young’s “Keep On Rockin’ In The Free World” into “This Land Is Your Land” and the end of “Keep On Rockin’ In The Free World.”
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Sexmob: Cinema, Circus & Spaghetti (Sexmob Plays Fellini: The Music of Nino Rota)
- Summer Stars: Shovels & Rope
- Visions of Bonnaroo Friday (Paul McCartney, Passion Pit, Conspirator…)
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll