Phish Sets NYE Plans
Phish at MSG in 1995
Phish has confirmed its New Year’s Eve run plans. The band will switch things up by performing from December 27-28 and December 30-January 1 this holiday season. The Vermont Quartet will perform at Worcester, MA’s Worcester DCU Center on December 27 and 28, as well as New York’s Madison Square Garden on December 30, 31 and January 1. The final date of the run marks the first time Phish has performed on New Year’s Day (which falls on a Saturday this year).
Phish has a long tradition of playing Worcester around Thanksgiving and last performed at the Centrum on February 26, 2003. The band played Madison Square Garden last December and celebrated New Year’s Eve at the arena in 1995, 1997, 1998 and 2002.
A limited number of tickets for all five shows are available directly through Phish Tickets’ online ticketing system at http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/. The ticket request period is currently underway and will end Saturday, October 2 at Noon EST. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Saturday, October 9th at Noon EST (for MSG) and Sunday, October 10 at 10:00am EST (for Worcester).
As with Phish’s Fall Tour, included in the ticket price for each specific date, is a free MP3 download of the entire show (a fully mixed soundboard recording), redeemable at LivePhish.com, often within an hour of the band stepping off stage.
Here’s a look at Phish’s New Year’s Run
December 27 Worcester, MA—DCU Center
December 28 Worcester, MA—DCU Center
December 30 New York, NY—Madison Square Garden
December 31 New York, NY—Madison Square Garden
January 1 New York, NY—Madison Square Garden
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- The National’s Grateful Dead Tribute Album Dead Hot In Motion
- Daft Punk: Random Access Memories
- Visions of Bonnaroo Thursday (ALO, Jack Johnson, Polyphonic Spree, Allen Stone…)
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll