Devon Allman Returns in Latest Episode of "Who The Hell is Dan Bruder?"
Today we are premiering the latest episode of “Who the Hell is Dan Bruder?” In this installment of the series, Bruder lays down the law to Machias MacCormick (Devon Allman) and tries to get him to bury the hatchet with Rob Barlow, the burnt out 1980’s British pop star, with whom he has a long-standing grudge. Dan invites Machias to join him on a radio interview with Barlow in order for them to mend fences, but things just go from bad to worse, live on the air.
In the latest installment, Bruder lays down the law to Machias MacCormick (Devon Allman) and tries to get him to bury the hatchet with Rob Barlow, the burnt out 1980’s British pop star, with whom he has a long-standing grudge. Dan invites Machias to join him on a radio interview with Barlow in order for them to mend fences, but things just go from bad to worse, live on the air.
Bruder explains, “As soon as we wrapped shooting the scene with the disastrous, humiliating radio interview, someone pulled me aside and told me it had actually been live on the air and I freaked out! It turned out it wasn’t, but everyone was quite amused watching me go ballistic.”
Many of the musicians in this rock comedy web series have stepped out of the show and participated in Act of Kindness, the Dan Bruder Band debut album and the live Dan Bruder Band project which has had several recent New York area performances. The show blurs the line between reality and fiction with participation by established musicians including Liberty Devitto (Billy Joel), Lorenza Ponce (Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crowe), John Ginty (Robert Randolph, Citizen Cope), and Muddy Shews (Asbury Jukes). The series is already beginning to plan for season two with many other notable cameos including several major jambands.
Bruder adds, “This series is about a slightly delusional, middle-aged wannabe rocker who can’t let go of the dream, and I am coming to realize that there are legions of folks out there who can relate to this notion.”
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll