Who the Hell is Dan Bruder? (Two Episodes Premiere on Relix.com)
Today we are premiering two new episodes of “Who the Hell is Dan Bruder?” In these episodes, Bruder has to deal with the wrath of his wife, Michelle, when she goes ballistic after being surprised in her bathroom by their house guest, former British pop star, Rob Barlowe. Things go from bad to worse as Dan’s band rehearsal deteriorates into chaos. Dan ends up being lured to a strip club by Barlowe who has an amazing surprise for him. This episode includes Liberty DeVitto, Devon Allman, John Ginty, Lorenza Ponce and Muddy Shews.
Bruder, himself, explains, “These episodes were written towards the end of the first season and then inserted back into the beginning. The further we got into writing the story, the more we realized we had to focus on the band and it just took on a life of its own.” The musicians have since jumped off the screen into the recording studio with the release of The Dan Bruder Band debut album “Act of Kindness” with many of the cast members participating in the real band. It is hard to tell where fiction ends and reality begins, and the script is now starting to mirror actual events that are happening to the band. The series is already beginning to plan for season two with many other celeb cameos and is shot mostly in the greater New York metro area. It looks like we struck an emotional button with a lot of people that relate to being wannabe rockers who can’t let go of the dream. I constantly have people come up tell me how the story is about themselves or their dad, uncle, brother, neighbor. People seem to be living vicariously through the show remembering back in the day, which is very cool.”
For more, “Who the Hell is Dan Bruder?” stop by Myboldtv.com
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Grateful Dead’s Morning Brew and Drop Dead Dark Roast
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll