Grady Runyan’s Gear Stolen
West Coast psych rocker Grady Runyan (Monoshock, Liquorball, The Bad Trips) and Marlon Kasberg (Liquorball) were robbed last Thursday July 8 at gunpoint in Oakland.
In an open note Runyan writes:
Last thursday Marlon & I (Liquorball) were robbed at shotgun-point in Oakland— 32nd@ Adeline— after working on some new recordings— they took my guitar and every piece of gear I had with me, which was considerable— bout $2000 probably. What hurts the most is the guitar— a RED personalized jazzmaster/strat hybrid that I’ve been playing since ’89— it has been THEE guitar in every band I’ve been in since— thought I was gonna be buried with it. It REALLY blows.
If you guys can keep your eyes peeled for this stuff I’d REALLY appreciate it. We’ve filed a police report and checked a bunch of pawn shops/flea markets before I left- didn’t turn up anything. Mighta been too early— but it’s gotta surface sometime.
The guitar is unmistakable in appearance— red sparkle/wig hair exterior by Fred Rinne. See photo below. I will gladly pay for it’s return— no questions asked. Same for the other stuff too. Unfortunately I do not have serial numbers— which means it will not show up “stolen” at a pawn shop or music shop.
And we were both unharmed.
We filed a police report the night of the robbery. At this point an investigator still has yet to be assigned to the case.
Thanks VERY VERY much for anything you can do.
Fender “Jazzmaster” guitar (red)- custom red sparkle paint w/wig hair embedded in the paint for texture.
The pickguard has red “scribbles” on it— Gibson bridge— headstock & back of neck also painted red—
2 single coil p/ups— bridge p/up is covered
Gibson guitar case (brown) with stickers (“Negativeland”, etc)
and broken handle
Colorsound wah (black) – vintage 70’s
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff w/broken knob- several scratches- vintage
DOD 680 Analog Delay (blue w/ac cord and bias switch)- vintage
Ibanez Tube Screamer (green)- vintage, probably 80’s
Proco Rat distortion (black) – very nice condition
Roland AP-2 phase shifter (dark blue)- vintage
Eventide Time Factor multi-delay w/adapter (like new)
Heet Sound E-bow
Fender ST-1 stage tuner (black)
misc. cords & cables, short and long, most black, some green/orange/purple
small “maxell” zipper fanny pack w/slide, whammy bar, e-bow,
Blue suitcase w/red trim (all pedals/maxell pack inside)
Black “Caselogic” soft case (all cords/tuner inside)
Marlon lost:: MacBook , vivitar hand cam, poloroid video handheld camera, Olympus digital camera, the book 25th hour, zink mini poloroid printer
camera— all in a blue backpack.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll