Phish Confirm ACL Appearance
Phish will headline the Austin City Limits Music festival this fall. As previously reported, the three-day music festival will return to Austin, TX’s Zilker Park from October 8-10. Other confirmed acts include: The Eagles, Muse, The Stokes, M.I.A., Flaming Lips, LCD Soundsystem, Spoon, Vampire Weekend, Norah Jones, Band of Horses, Monsters of Folk, Deadmau5,Sonic Youth, Gogol Bordello, The National, Robert Earl Keen, The Black Keys, Broken Bells,
Slightly Stoopid, Yeasayer, Pat Green, Blues Traveler, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, JJ Grey & Mofro, Gaslight Anthem, Lucero, the new Bon Iver project Gayngs, and Devendra Banhart. Phish will play one two-hour set during on Friday, October 8.
Phish has not performed in Texas since the group taped an appearance on the Austin City Limits television program on July 17, 2000 (the group’s last public appearance in the Lone Star State took place at Austin’s South Park Meadows a year earlier). This is also the first time The Eagles have headlined ACL (coincidentally Don Henley’s daughter works for event promoters C3).
The event’s confirmed lineup includes:
Band of Horses
Monsters of Folk
Robert Earl Keen
The Black Keys
Matt and Kim
Portugal. The Man
The Temper Trap
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses
The Soft Pack
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
The Almighty Defenders
Bear in Heaven
Cage the Elephant
JJ Grey & Mofro
Angus & Julia Stone
The Morning Benders
Asleep at the Wheel
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
The Very Best
Henry Clay People
Band of Heathens
Two Door Cinema Club
T. Bird and the Breaks
Kings Go Forth
The Dough Rollers
The Jane Shermans
Two Tons of Steel
Run With Bulls
Wesley Bray & The Disciples of Joy
Jones Family Singers
Ashley Cleveland & Kenny Greenberg
Buddy & The Straight Way Travelers
Ruby Jane Smith
The Verve Pipe
Okee Dokee Brothers
School of Rock
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Portugal. The Man "Atomic Man" (Official Video)
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll