The Disco Biscuits’ Guitarist Jon Gutwillig Reports On Wrist Injury
Jon Gutwillig this past November – photo by Kelsey Winterkorn
With The Disco Biscuits’ Jon Gutwillig still recovering from a wrist injury, last Monday the group announced that would once again bring guitarists Tom Hamilton and Chris Michetti out on the road for shows that took place over the weekend. While Hamilton and Michetti did indeed perform with the quartet in Syracuse and Montclair, NJ, Gutwillig also demonstrated that he is on the mend. Saturday night’s gig at the Wellmont Theatre in Montclair saw him on guitar without any support from Hamilton and Michetti during extended stretches. Gutwillig was the lone player during a run from “Spraypaint” into “Spacebirdmatingcall” and back into “Spraypaint” which closed out the first set and then during the second set closer, “Basis For A Day.”
The guitarist told Relix/Jambands.com, “It feels pretty awesome—the wrist feels good as new. I think it’s probably better. It’s a little bit stiffer for the right hand, but stiffer is better because you want fast really specific motions for that hand so I feel like that’s better actually. I think there’s a bright side there, you know? I feel like my wrist is going to be great, and the last month was really fun and it feels good.”
The Biscuits are now off until their Bisco Inferno event in Colorado over Memorial Day weekend. Look for the Biscuits on the cover of the next issue of Relix.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- The National "Don’t Swallow the Cap" on Letterman
- A Great Night in Harlem (A Gallery)
- "Friend of The Devil": Elvis Costello, Lyle Lovett, Grace Potter, Keller Williams, Ministry…
- American Idol’s Randy Jackson To Produce Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds
- Covering Relix: The Doors (April 1991)
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll