New Cartoon for Neko Case, New Tour for Jakob Dylan
Neko Case will lend her voice to the new animated series Cheyenne Cinnamon and the Fantabulous Unicorn of Sugar Town Candy Fudge which will début this Sunday, March 28th on the Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. According to the creators, the show is about “a Strawberry Shortcake pop princess that lives in a candy wonderland just outside of Detroit. She comes into Detroit and helps solve problems of racism and teen pregnancy with the power of love and teen pop songs.” Neko will perform as the show’s star, Cheyenne Cinnamon.
Case also will appear with Jakob Dylan, who has put together a new band for his next tour. Jakob Dylan and Three Legs, will feature Case and Kelly Hogan and focus on Dylan’s latest album, Woman and Country. The album was recorded in Los Angeles with Academy Ward winning producer T-Bone Burnett, who produced the Wallflowers’ 1996 breakthrough release Bringing Down the Horse. Jakob Dylan and Three Legs will also on both The Late Show with David Letterman on April 21 and The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on May 13.
A number of T-Bone Burnett’s usual collaborators back Dylan throughout Woman and Country, including Dennis Crouch (bass), Jay Bellerose (drums), David Mansfield (fiddle & mandolin), Marc Ribot (guitar), Keefus Ciancia (keyboards), Greg Leisz (pedal steel), Darrell Leonard (trumpet), Ira Nepus (trombone) and George Bohanon (horns).
Jakob Dylan and Three Legs’ Dates
April 9 Pittsburgh, PA—Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead
April 10 Covington, KY—Madison Theater
April 13 Louisville, KY—Brown Theatre
April 15 Boston, MA—Wilbur Theatre
April 16 S. Burlington, VT—Higher Ground
April 17 Albany, NY—The Egg
April 19 Northhampton, MA—Calvin Theatre
April 20 Glenside, PA—Keswick Theatre
April 21 New York, NY—Town Hall
April 22 Baltimore, MD—Ram’s Head Live
April 23 Washington, DC—9:30 Club
April 25 Toronto, ON—Phoenix Concert Theatre
April 26 Chicago, IL—Park West
April 27 St. Paul, MN—Fitzgerald Theatre
April 28 Milwaukee, WI—The Pabst Theatre
May 12 San Francisco, CA—The Regency Ballroom
May 13 Los Angeles, CA—The Wiltern
May 14-16 Gulf Shores, AL—The Hangout
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll