Zen Tricksters, Chris Barron to Play A Night for Dave Nolan
Several New York-based bands will come together at Brooklyn, NY’s Brooklyn Bowl tonight to celebrate the life of longtime taper and radio personality Dave Nolan. A Night for Dave Nolan will kick off with a performance by XANAX 25’s Jaik Miller. The night will also feature performances by Spin Doctors frontman Chris Barron, the West Side All-Stars and a two-set headlining show by the Zen Tricksters. The latter group has been off the road for the past year, but will reactivate for the show. Barron will play with his new Chris Barron Acoustic Trio for the first time, featuring vocalist Lindsay Chambers and percussionist Phil Cimmino.
Though the show is free, donations are requested at the Door and all proceeds will go to Dave’s daughter’s college fund.
“Dave was one of the good guys,” a note from Barron’s camp reads. “The first employee ever at the legendary Wetlands Preserve…first dj to ever play Spin Doctors and Blues Traveler on the radio…well respected taper…professional archivist…devoted husband and father…great human being.
The evening’s approximate set times are as follows:
8-8:30PM – Jaik Miller
8:30-9PM – Chris Barron Acoustic Trio
9PM-10:15PM – West Side All-Stars
10:30PM – ??? – The Zen Tricksters (2 SETS)
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Iron & Wine at The Beacon (A Gallery)
- The National "Don’t Swallow the Cap" on Letterman
- A Great Night in Harlem (A Gallery)
- "Friend of The Devil": Elvis Costello, Lyle Lovett, Grace Potter, Keller Williams, Ministry…
- American Idol’s Randy Jackson To Produce Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds
- Covering Relix: The Doors (April 1991)
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll