The Relix 40: Words and Music (40 Novels)
Paul Ford Gary Benchley, Rock Star (2005) Gary Benchley moves from Albany to Williamsburg, Brooklyn and begins gigging in Schizopolis.
Rachel Cohn and David Levithan Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist (2006) Engaging Young Adult novel about music and young love in Manhattan.
Jonathan Lethem You Don’t Love Me Yet (2007) Los Angeles based bass player Lucinda Hoekke finds her muse while working at the Complaint Line.
Nick Hornby_Juliet, Naked_ (2009) A love triangle of sorts between the biggest fan of cult musician Tucker Crowe and the girlfriend of said fan.
Michael Shilling Rock Bottom: A Novel (2009) The Blood Orphans arrive in Amsterdam at the close of a disastrous European tour.
Bill Flanagan Evening’s Empire: A Novel (2010) Sweeping saga of a British group that rises to prominence in the 60s and the manager who guides them for the decades to follow.
Jennifer Egan A Visit from the Goon Squad (2010) Kleptomaniac Sasha and her boss, punk rocker and record executive Bennie Salazar examine their lives.
Dana Spiotta Stone Arabia (2011) Nik Kranis creates his art in private but his niece wants to document his story via a documentary film.
Michael Chabon Telegraph Avenue (2012) The owners of Oakland’s Brokeland Records are threatened by the arrival of a Dogpile megastore
Esi Edugyan_Half-Blood Blues_ (2012) Hieronymous Falk, the star of the Hot-Time Swingers, a German American jazz band forbidden to play by the Nazis, disappears in 1939.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
Ron Sexsmith visits the Relix office to perform a tune from his latest record Forever Endeavor.
Crystal Bowersox stops by Relix to perform a song from her new album, All That For This.
- Spin Doctors: If the River Was Whiskey
- Ray Manzarek, Founding Member of The Doors, Passes Away at 74
- Golden Bloom "Flying Mountain"
- Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Doheny Blues Festival
- Video Premiere: Anna Bergendahl "Fun"
- Electric Forest’s King and Queen
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil"
- Grateful Dead’s Morning Brew and Drop Dead Dark Roast
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis Tried to Form Supergroup with Paul McCartney
- Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Allie Kral Says Goodbye to Cornmeal
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll