Summer Stars: EOTO
Our Summer Stars series continues as we share the latest from groups out there making the rounds on the festival circuit. Today it’s EOTO who are set to appear at Summer Camp this weekend, with Wakarusa, Mountain Jam and Electric Forest to follow. Here’s a link to view all of our Summer Star pieces which we will post over the coming weeks.
Livetronica act EOTO have been a summer festival fixture since 2007, when The String Cheese Incident—which also features both members of the group, Michael Travis and Jason Hann—announced an indefinite hiatus. While Travis and Hann will both participate in String Cheese’s first full summer tour since 2007 this July, the pair will still make plenty of festival appearances. In May, EOTO is set to perform at the Bella Music Festival, the Lightning in a Bottle Festival and at Summer Camp, followed by appearances at Wakarusa, Mountain Jam, SCI’s own Electric Forest in June as well as Horning’s Hideout later in the summer.
The live dubstep duo will bring their innovative 3-D mapped Lotus stage setup, which they debuted in Boston this past February, to most of the festivals this summer. “We’ve built two separate Lotus sculptures so that we can be in different parts of the country on different days and still show off our unique production,” says drummer/vocalist Hann. “There may be one or two events where we don’t have it, but that will be because it can’t fit on the stage that we’re scheduled to play on.”
Festival crowds bring a distinct energy that works perfectly with the pair’s fully spontaneous performances, Hann explains. “We feed off of them and then take them on an improvised journey for the night.”
Favorite summertime food: Coconut shrimp
Favorite summer vacation location: Key West, Fla.
In the forest versus beach debate, I choose: The beach because I grew up near the water in Miami and it makes me feel the most inspired.
The Howlin’ Brothers take to the Relix rooftop and share a song they wrote with Warren Haynes.
Beth Hart shares the opening track from her latest album, Bang Bang Boom Boom, live at Relix.
Jamie Lidell sets up in the Relix boiler room and delivers a tune from his 2005 album Multiply
Duane Trucks is happy to announce his new project, King Lincoln. Watch them perform “Coffee” live and acoustic at Relix’s Online-Video Coordinator’s loft in Williamsburg.
Here’s another song from Crystal Bowersox’s new record All That For This, live at Relix.
WYATT share a song in the famed Relix boiler room.
Goodnight, Texas share a song from their latest studio album, A Long Life of Living, live at Relix.
Warren Haynes performs a solo, acoustic version of “Railroad Boy” and explains how he adapted the traditional Celtic song for Gov’t Mule, backstage at the Hangout Music Festival.
Australia’s Alpine recently made their NYC debut at the Relix office with this song from their new album A is for Alpine.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
- Summer Stars: Shovels & Rope
- Visions of Bonnaroo Friday (Paul McCartney, Passion Pit, Conspirator…)
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Free Download "Dear Lord (Give Me The Strength)"
- God Street Wine with Warren Haynes "Sweet Little Angel" (Live 1996)
- The Howlin’ Brothers "Big Time"
- Primus in Toronto
- Twice "The Joker" on Saturday at Bonnaroo (Gov’t Mule and Jack Johnson)
- The National’s Grateful Dead Tribute Album Dead Hot In Motion
- Interlocken Confirms Daily Lineups, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, Keller & The Keels and More Added
- Mumford and Sons Cancel Bonnaroo Show, Summer Tour
- Ed Helms: Bonnaroo, Banjos and a Bit of Phish
- Robert Hunter Will Return to the Stage for Eight Shows
- Warren Haynes to Play Jerry Garcia’s Wolf on Symphony Tour
- Tedeschi Trucks Band Share New Song
- Jack Is Back: Jack Johnson Talks Bonnaroo, ALO and New Album
- Patty Griffin in Boston
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll