Widespread Panic’s Raves and Faves
Charlotte, NC, 7/19/98
DAVE SCHOOLS // BASS/VOCALS
“Pilgrims”—it’s one I’ll never, ever get tired of playing. And for me, I take it really personally if we drop the ball. I feel disappointed when that song doesn’t have the emotional impact that I feel it should.”
Panic in the Streets. [4/18/98—100,000 people attended the free Light Fuse Get Away CD release party in streets of Athens.] The fact that all of the things that had gone on for months leading up to that appearance worked in tandem to leave a good taste in everyone’s mouth sticks out as one of my favorite shows.
This sounds really self-serving and like it might even be bullshit, but the most recent short little spring tour.
Light Fuse Get Away. I think that’s a really good starting point for people. If we just go studio: Everyday.
Morrison, CO 6/02
TODD NANCE // DRUMS/VOCALS
The first one would have to be right up there. As of late, the 25th anniversary shows in Athens and Atlanta were really a lot of fun [2/10-11, 2/14/11].
The first H.O.R.D.E. was a blast [in 1992].
Live Oak, FL 4/16/10
JIMMY HERRING // LEAD GUITAR
“Pilgrims” and I love JB’s ballads.
When Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi were playing with us at the All Good Music Festival up in West Virginia [7/12/08].
The last tour [Spring 2011].
I love the John Keane records. It’s a tossup between Til the Medicine Takes and Ain’t Life Grand.
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Portugal. The Man "Atomic Man" (Official Video)
- Prince "Fixurlifeup" (Official Video)
- Alex Bleeker & The Freaks: How Far Away
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll